THE ROOF MECHANISM
The patented roof system comprises tough, moulded polycarbonate panels that are u/v stabilised to prevent embrittlement and discolouration, electronic controls, powered by low voltage IP66 (dust and waterproof) Linear Actuators, aluminium section and nylon fixtures.
It is substantially maintenance free and has been thoroughly tested to ensure that it meets all relevant Building Regulations and is designed to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Winds of 25m/s (~60mph), gusting to 41m/s (~100mph).
o (Conditions in most of the UK up to Inverness)
- Snow Loading 0.9kN/m2 (1 metre of Snow) – with roof closed.
It has been rigorously tested and is approved for use in a retail environment. It. complies with the following, relevant Building Codes:-
- BS 6399 Part 1 Code of practice for dead and imposed loads
- BS 6399 Part 2 Code of practice for wind loads•
- BS 6399 Part 3 Code of Practice for imposed roof loads
- EN 1990 Eurocode 0: Basis of Structural Design
- EN 1991 Eurocode 1: Actions on Structures (Except for BS6399)
- EN 1999 Eurocode 9: Design of Aluminium Structures
The pre-fabricated structure is designed and manufactured in the UK and more than 90% of components and materials are sourced from UK suppliers.
In summary it comprises:-
- Aluminium and Galvanised Steel Framework
- Moulded Polycarbonate Roof Panels (U/V stabilised)
- Other moulded components in Nylon or Polycarbonate
- Stainless Steel fasteners
- Fully-Opening Roof (>90%),
- Open/close ~1 minute
- Powered by Linear Actuators (quiet, efficient, reliable)
- Controls and Actuators IP66 rated – Totally dust and weather proof
The standard unit of 4.2M high to the low profile pitched roof with a gable of 11.4M and 8.0M or 6.4M in length is pre-engineered and therefore offers the most economic solution. However, we will attempt to customise the structure around other dimensions if required. It is ideally suited for the addition of thermal and/or shade screens.
A Domestic Greenhouse is also available that utilises the same technology on a smaller scale. This enables any gardening enthusiast to cultivate in the same conditions as the commercial grower.